Carola Fuchs is a contemporary dancer and performance artist.
In her work she seeks to combine her academic research with her artistic practice, focusing on the human-body as a medium of expression.
She is currently living in Vienna, Austria.
Studied contemporary dance for 15 years based on Martha Graham`s Tension & Release technique
Specializes in Improvisation and dance theatre
2006-2011: University of Vienna, Institute for comparative literature
2008-2009: University of Åarhus, Institute for Aesthetic Studies
2011-2013: Université Paris 8, Master of Arts in Dance
2014- : Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna: PhD in Art and Cultural Science
- Mimamusch Theaterfestival 2015, Technoppelia with Jan Perschy, http://mimamusch.at/?page_id=776
- January 2015: Philosophy unbound, Group Project at the Theatre Spektakel, Celeste in Vienna, 1040 http://philosophyunbound.tumblr.com
- Solo- Performance: Bodies that matter,Tableau vivant
- Vienna Art Week 2014: Performancein collaboration with Digital Artist Jan Perschy: What you see is what you get http://viennaartweek.at/event/163/dimensions-variabledimensionsvariable/?lang=de
- October- December 2014: 4- Part Project in collaboration with musician Reka Kutas, alias Rosii Rehformen at Moe- Vienna: Fashionably Late
- Raw Matters: Vienna, November 2013: Dance Performance „Tableau vivant“ with Live- Music Improvisation by David Furrer http://rawperformancematters.wordpress.com/2013/11/06/carola-fuchs-und-david-furrer/
- Free Space Festival: Vienna, October 2013 „Tableau vivant“ with Live- Music Improvisation by David Furrerhttp://freespacefestival.com/programm/
- CzirpCzirp Festival: Vienna, November 2013: Solo- Performance „Tableaux Vivants“ http://www.czirpczirp.cc/p/past-projects.html
- Nuit Blanche Paris 2012, October, Galerie chez Robert
- Dance Improvisation, in collaboration with Linda Finkenflügel and three other dancers http://www.59rivoli.org/main.html
- Jeu de Paume, Paris, Performance in collaboration with
- Audrey Cottin in the frame of her exhibition: Charlie&Sabrina, qui l´eut cru?
- Human colour, Paris, 2012, Living sculpture Project, 6 hour- Live Performance http://www.adriannaboussac.com/#!performance/c1xtp